Every Credit Card is made for specific people type depending on usage, transactions, and benefits attached to it, etc. HDFC Regalia Credit Card is designed for the people who love to do credit card transactions and fly more often. It is one of the most selling credit cards of HDFC Bank because it suits the purpose of people who are earning in the range of 12 lakhs to 20 lakhs and use credit cards. So, here’s the honest HDFC Credit Card Review to find out if it would be really beneficial.
The available variants to this card are Regalia, Doctor’s Regalia, Business Regalia, Corporate Regalia, etc. But I’ll be sharing the original Regalia Credit Card.
Benefits of HDFC Regalia Credit Card. (Overall)
There are many benefits with HDFC Regalia Credit Card, but following are the main highlighted benefits of HDFC Regalia Credit Card.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership for preferential and free access to 600 airport lounges around the world.
- Lowest Foreign Currency Mark-up Fee of 2% on international transactions
- Earn 15,000 bonus points every year (from the activation date) on the totals spends of Rs.8 Lacs or above (w.e.f. 1 Apr’18)
- Earn 10,000 bonus points every year on the totals spends of Rs.5 Lacs (w.e.f. 1 Apr’18)
- Earn 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent and redeem rewards against exclusive lifestyle options
- Convenience fee waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions.
Annual Spend Benefits.
This is the best thing of HDFC Regalia card if you can able to cross the 5 lacs or 8 lacs spending threshold, you’d able to get 15,000 and 10,000 bonus respectively points along with regular points.
- 1 Reward Point = 0.50 INR (when redeemed on Regalia Portal for ticket bookings and more.)
- 4 Reward Points for every 150 INR Retail Spends
- Reward Rate: ~1.3%
- Reward Points are valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation, so redeem it before they get expired.
Reward Points Redemption.
You can redeem the points on flight bookings or Hotel bookings or even things mentioned in Reward Catalog. You can get an iPhone to Sennheiser headphones or even Gift Vouchers of Croma, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle Stores, BMS, etc. I redeemed my accumulated points on Lifestyle Store Vouchers worth Rs. 4500 worth in the denomination of Rs. 2000 and Rs. 500. I have attached the screenshot for proof.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Fees.
- First Year Membership Fee – Rs. 2500/– + Applicable Taxes, (Mostly Waived off. Contact your Branch Manager for Waiver Request)
- Renewal Membership Fee – Rs. 2500/- + Applicable Taxes
- Spend Rs. 3Lacs in 12 Months and get Renewal Fee waived for next renewal year.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Late Payment Fees
Don’t even dare not clearing your billing cycle dues, because this is the primary source of Credit Card companies to earn.
Late Payment Charges = up to Rs.950 + 18% GST
If you don’t have enough money to pay, then at least pay Minimum Amount Due (MAD), which is 5% of the total Amount Due (OR) Minimum Rs. 200.
Also Read : Passive Income Ideas in India
Who Can Apply?
You are eligible for the Regalia Credit Card based on the following, or if you have any loan contact with the Branch Manager
|Customer Profile||Eligibility Criteria|
|Salaried||Age: Min 21 yrs & Max 60 Yrs, Income: Gross Monthly Income> Rs 1,20,000|
|Self Employed||Age: Min 21 yrs & Max 65 Yrs, Income: ITR > Rs 12 Lakhs per annum|
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Airport Lounge Access (International)
Get a free Priority Pass Membership for easy access to over 1000+ airport lounges across the world. Enjoy refreshments and utilize facilities such as telephones, faxes, and Web and seminar rooms. The benefits can be availed by a member only. The Main card holder along with the add-on cardholder can avail 6 free entry to Priority Pass lounges outside India during a calendar year
Reviews of HDFC Bank Priority Pass
- I went to Delhi Airport in January this year. I went to Park Plaza Lounge (Terminal 1). They told me that they would charge $27 plus taxes (appx. Rs 2230) because the HDFC Bank Priority Pass is not valid (compliment visits) in India.
- I confirmed with the Bank about this thing.
- Luckily I had Axis Credit Card with me, I got free access to the lounge.
Reviews of HDFC Visa/Mastercard Lounge Access Program (Domestic)
- For Lounge visits within India, Regalia Primary Cardholders can avail 12 complimentary lounge access per calendar year through Regalia Visa/Mastercard Credit Card Lounge program.
- But the downside is only a few Lounges are there in Domestic 🙁
- That’s why I couldn’t avail the Lounge Access in Delhi Airport T1 because it is not covered there.
- Only 8 Domestic Lounges are covered. You can check the list here.
- Complimentary Zomato Gold Membership. (Current Offer).
- Exclusive Dining Privileges at various Restaurants.
- 10% off (Mostly) on Amazon/Flipkart Sale (Seasonal), I have enjoyed Rs. 5,000 discount from the Flipkart and Amazon during the sale period last year.
- Protection worth up to Rs. 15 lakhs against any medical emergency when you are traveling, and are outside your home country.
- Credit Card Cover Liability (card Insurance) of up to INR 900,000 is available to the primary cardholder.
You can apply for a HDFC MoneyBack Credit card online by logging onto the HDFC Bank website or by visiting the nearest HDFC branch and submitting the application and required documentation.
Yes, You can apply online also by visiting here.
You can avail the points online by visiting Regalia Portal or through NetBanking also.
Yes, Zomato Gold Membership is provided with cards.
You can contact on Phone: 1800 209 4006 (Toll-Free)
I loved HDFC Regalia Credit Card because I have saved almost Rs. 18,000 (Rs. 4500 lifestyle vouchers + Rs. 5000 on Amazon/Flipkart Sales + Lounges Rs. 4500 during my U.S. visit + Rs. 500 on Zomato + Rs. 2000 on Croma + Rs. 1500 on restaurant visits). My spending was around Rs. 4.5 Lacs. It was my primary Credit card, but now I have upgraded to HDFC Infinia which costs Rs. 10,000 (I got it free), because of the much better reward structure and Unlimited Lounge Access. I hope you liked my HDFC Regalia Credit Card Review.